Read this article in Market Watch.
1. The markets are a dangerous place. They are little more than legalised casinos.
2. Fear and greed drives the markets.
3. Technical analysis does not work.
4. Stay liquid and diversify
a) Never invest with money that you may need in an emergency
b) Money that you may need should be in a saving account, to be used in an emergency
c) Investments are always priced at watch they are worth
d) Actively management funds rarely beat the benchmark
The 4th principle is useful and has to be read many times.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
01/10 - 01/17
- Tax the big banks
- Buy insurance up to age 60
- Big pay packets in Wall Street
- Life insurance for family protection
- Buying Term Insurance from America
- Financial Inquiry Commission
- Educating our young - views posted in survey
- Unemployment in Singapore
- Speech by Franklin D Roosevelt
- Utopia of welfare corporatism
- Prices of HDB Flats
- Survey - Educating the Young
- Sports Hub to be ready by 2015
- US Congress inquiry into the Financial Crisis
- Authorities act on money lenders
- Rechargeable torchlight for use in hotels
- Magic of the Shape Quiz
- Investment principles for 2010 and beyond
- Adapting to the competitive school environment
- Excesses and redemption
- Educating our young
- Capitalism and socialism
- HDB flats and population growth
- Learning from Europe - social democracy works
- Term insurance - buy directly
- More jobs in health care sector
- Economic recovery depends on government stimulus
- Regular savings in a bank
- HK: Bank staff did not understand mini-bonds
- Walk away from your mortgage
- Benefit illustration - Life or Investment Linked P...
- Students and young people should avoid saving in l...
- Dhanabalan: Bubble in bets on events
- ▼ 01/10 - 01/17 (33)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)