Views posted in the survey
1. Please don't force the children to buy useless textbooks which are not comprehensive enough. At the moment there is a huge sideline industry for other "outside" study guides which are a thousand times better than the school textbooks! It penalises the children from poor families who already spend all their money on the Official textbooks.
2. Children learn the selfishness from parents. Parents are selfish because of the education system here. So, the root cause is the education system here. Under the current system, only those who can perform better academically will be "rewarded" with a place in "good" school. Consequently, lucrative career awaiting them in government service. As there are limited vacancies in these "good" schools, do you think parents would share useful info among their friends so that children of their friends would land a place in these good schools? That's how the selfishness begins and unwittingly pass it to the next generation...sad!
3. University degrees ought not to be valued over other factors in recruitment, unless the technical knowledge or skills required are those that cannot be acquired otherwise (medical, engineering, or specific professional degrees). For example, an general office worker does not require a degree to be competent; rather, what should be required are good language skills and other skills that are relevant to the job. A university degree may be a sufficient condition, but it ought not be a necessary condition.
4. Good results/certification does not equal to good future.
Participate in the survey by clicking on this link.
- ► 2013 (307)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
01/10 - 01/17
- Tax the big banks
- Buy insurance up to age 60
- Big pay packets in Wall Street
- Life insurance for family protection
- Buying Term Insurance from America
- Financial Inquiry Commission
- Educating our young - views posted in survey
- Unemployment in Singapore
- Speech by Franklin D Roosevelt
- Utopia of welfare corporatism
- Prices of HDB Flats
- Survey - Educating the Young
- Sports Hub to be ready by 2015
- US Congress inquiry into the Financial Crisis
- Authorities act on money lenders
- Rechargeable torchlight for use in hotels
- Magic of the Shape Quiz
- Investment principles for 2010 and beyond
- Adapting to the competitive school environment
- Excesses and redemption
- Educating our young
- Capitalism and socialism
- HDB flats and population growth
- Learning from Europe - social democracy works
- Term insurance - buy directly
- More jobs in health care sector
- Economic recovery depends on government stimulus
- Regular savings in a bank
- HK: Bank staff did not understand mini-bonds
- Walk away from your mortgage
- Benefit illustration - Life or Investment Linked P...
- Students and young people should avoid saving in l...
- Dhanabalan: Bubble in bets on events
- ▼ 01/10 - 01/17 (33)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)