This is labelled by www.ft.com as the toughest puzzle of all times. But it is not so difficult after all, as I was able to solve it. Read the comments for my solution.
There are three guardians, A, B and C. Their ames are Knight, Knave and Chaos. Knight always speaks truly, Knave always lies. Chaos tossed a coin this morning to decide whether today he would behave like Knight or like Knave.
Your task is simple: ask three yes-no questions, each of a single guardian, and determine which is Knight, which is Knave, and which is Chaos. There is, alas, a complication: the guardians understand English but will answer in the local language, in which “Da” means yes and “Ja” means no. Or possibly “Ja” means yes and “Da” means no – you cannot remember.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/21 - 03/28
- Avoid complex financial product
- SCMP: Bank staff arrested over minibonds
- Expensive Telephone Charges
- Bank staff mis-selling to be scrutinized under gov...
- UK ban on commission to take effect from 2013
- FISCA website
- Many Singaporeans are migrating
- Testimonial to my Financial Planning book
- Simulation game: Pro-Investor
- ST Online: Premium questions for motor insurers
- Price of HDB flat
- Public administration
- Video: How to solve the Tangram
- Front page news around the world
- IHT settle defamation claims in Singapore
- Why labour mobility may be difficult
- SCMP:The crisis lesson that the HKMA still hasn't ...
- Facilities at Dubai Airport
- Video: Rechargeable locator torchlight
- Earn back the public trust
- Shape Quiz Mini-pak for training
- Video: How to solve Sudoku puzzle
- Difficulty with Shield claim
- Land banking product - views of two investors
- Self education on financial planning
- Toughest Puzzle - Who tells the truth?
- Posting comments in my blog
- ST Forum: More accountability needed for motor ins...
- Financial stability of banks
- Culture of trust and fair treatment
- Casino and coasters - a Singapore life
- Poor return on a policy with regular payouts
- Avoid all land banking projects
- Does Singapore have a future?
- Lavish spending at expense of policyholders
- Shape Quiz - door gift for corporate events
- Universal Studio Singapore - videos
- ST Forum - Taxing time with mum's insurer
- Survey - land banking
- Guaranteed renewable - for motor insurance?
- Managing personal risks
- Workers prefer job security
- A safe environment
- Universal Studio Singapore
- ▼ 03/21 - 03/28 (44)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)