Insiders of two local insurance companies told me that their new management has increased the expenses tremendously compared to the old management - salaries of top executives, advertising, engagement of consultants, etc.
These high expenses are made at the expense of the policyholders, as the bonuses have been cut. They are quite sad that the frugal approach of the old management in looking after the interest of the policyholders, are now being spent away lavishly.
I wonder what the board of directors of these companies are doing in respect of their fiduciary duty? Are they so busy that they do not bother to find out what is going on in the management? I also wonder what the regulator is doing about this type of lavish spending at the expense of the policyholders who have saved frugally for their financial future and are now getting a poor yield?
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
03/21 - 03/28
- Avoid complex financial product
- SCMP: Bank staff arrested over minibonds
- Expensive Telephone Charges
- Bank staff mis-selling to be scrutinized under gov...
- UK ban on commission to take effect from 2013
- FISCA website
- Many Singaporeans are migrating
- Testimonial to my Financial Planning book
- Simulation game: Pro-Investor
- ST Online: Premium questions for motor insurers
- Price of HDB flat
- Public administration
- Video: How to solve the Tangram
- Front page news around the world
- IHT settle defamation claims in Singapore
- Why labour mobility may be difficult
- SCMP:The crisis lesson that the HKMA still hasn't ...
- Facilities at Dubai Airport
- Video: Rechargeable locator torchlight
- Earn back the public trust
- Shape Quiz Mini-pak for training
- Video: How to solve Sudoku puzzle
- Difficulty with Shield claim
- Land banking product - views of two investors
- Self education on financial planning
- Toughest Puzzle - Who tells the truth?
- Posting comments in my blog
- ST Forum: More accountability needed for motor ins...
- Financial stability of banks
- Culture of trust and fair treatment
- Casino and coasters - a Singapore life
- Poor return on a policy with regular payouts
- Avoid all land banking projects
- Does Singapore have a future?
- Lavish spending at expense of policyholders
- Shape Quiz - door gift for corporate events
- Universal Studio Singapore - videos
- ST Forum - Taxing time with mum's insurer
- Survey - land banking
- Guaranteed renewable - for motor insurance?
- Managing personal risks
- Workers prefer job security
- A safe environment
- Universal Studio Singapore
- ▼ 03/21 - 03/28 (44)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)