I called a friend at his office number to confirm our appointment for lunch.
Receptionist, "May I know your name?"
Reply: Tan Kin Lian
Receptionist, "May I know the purpose?"
Reply: I wish to confirm my lunch with him today.
Receptionist, "Which company are you from?"
Reply: "It does not matter which company. I only want to confirm the lunch"
Receptionist, "Ok. I will put you through".
Singaporeans follow a script blindly and do not think. They always have to ask "which company". Does it really matters?
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
05/02 - 05/09
- Save for children (2)
- Saving money for their children
- Governent debt and quantitative easing
- Greek Debt Crisis
- Top positions in political party
- Case study - responding to a difficult issue
- Insight into stock trading
- Land banking
- Capital to Income ratio
- Why is the world in such a state?
- Screening of Laptop
- Security check at the airport
- Wisdom on How to Life Life - Tommy Wong
- Be positive
- Culture and behavior of people
- Useful feedback from Rex
- Name of company
- Poor customer service at call center
- High cost of free seminars
- Tangram Book ($6)
- Healthcare in Singapore
- Ability to think
- An Accountable Parliament - NSP newsletter
- Finder's keepers
- Fake request for financial assistance
- Investigate fraudulent practices
- High yields on matured policies
- Investigation of fraudulent practices
- Abuse of car horn
- Restructuring of bankrupt companies
- Give way on the road
- Refund of Pinnacle Notes
- Two sides to a story
- Online sale of my books
- Press Freedom
- ▼ 05/02 - 05/09 (35)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)