Hello Kin Lian
I'm a fan of your blog because I think it promulgates the right values for all Singaporeans. I also like you to succeed in what seems to be a crusade of awakening and shaking up an apathetic and sentimental population who continue to tolerate misdoings and injustices in society.
In this regard, I just like to suggest to you that some of your recent posts may only give grounds for critics to discredit you.
You said "Singaporeans are well educated and score high marks in academic subjects. Unfortunately, most are not able to think for themselves...."
It would have been less offensive if you said "quite a few" instead of "most". "Most" means more than 50%. You will surely offend a lot of people because without a proper study, it is not possible for anyone to declare that more than 50% of Singaporeans are not street smart or can think. Your original statement will only fend fire for critics to destroy you.
You said "Singaporeans follow a script blindly and do not think."
Likewise, the overall use of the term SINGAPOREANS is damning on 100% Singaporeans. In my opinion you should have said "Some Singaporeans" because it is more accurate, and better from EQ point of view.
You said "Car drivers in Singapore have a bad habit of using the horn to express their anger. "
Likewise, this statement is too strong. It is a direct implication of every car driver in singapre. In my opinion you should have said "there seems to be quite a few car drivers....blah".
But I assure you my intentions are sincere, I do not wish to see criticisms against a person with a good heart, because of minor slip-ups in linguistic usage. Too many good people have fallen unnecessarily in the current regime because of the very same reason.
Thanks for your feedback.
I agree with your points.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
05/02 - 05/09
- Save for children (2)
- Saving money for their children
- Governent debt and quantitative easing
- Greek Debt Crisis
- Top positions in political party
- Case study - responding to a difficult issue
- Insight into stock trading
- Land banking
- Capital to Income ratio
- Why is the world in such a state?
- Screening of Laptop
- Security check at the airport
- Wisdom on How to Life Life - Tommy Wong
- Be positive
- Culture and behavior of people
- Useful feedback from Rex
- Name of company
- Poor customer service at call center
- High cost of free seminars
- Tangram Book ($6)
- Healthcare in Singapore
- Ability to think
- An Accountable Parliament - NSP newsletter
- Finder's keepers
- Fake request for financial assistance
- Investigate fraudulent practices
- High yields on matured policies
- Investigation of fraudulent practices
- Abuse of car horn
- Restructuring of bankrupt companies
- Give way on the road
- Refund of Pinnacle Notes
- Two sides to a story
- Online sale of my books
- Press Freedom
- ▼ 05/02 - 05/09 (35)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)