Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Story of Bright Town

Here are the short summaries from 3 people who read the book:



―As governments around the world are looking for better
ways to serve their people, why not develop e-centers that
are based on the concept of this book. The greatest strength
of these e-centers is that they are easy to use even for
people who are not Internet savvy. In addition, they
provide business opportunities for shop keepers who
operate these e-centers. Mr. Tan has truly come up with a
win-win solution for the government and the people.‖
— Dr. Tommy Wong (author of “Wisdom on How to
Live Life” )

―I liked the idea of shifting the burden of form data entry
from customers to government employees. We live in the
world that tries to become more and more efficient by
making people specialize in one or two particular activities.
Hence it's surprising that the government still wants us to
become experts in tax filing, medical insurance
reimbursements, i.e. things that would far more efficiently
done by experts.‖
— Dr.Vitali Zagarodnov, university professor

―The idea of using PDF format as a way of delivering
information is quite an interesting concept. Something
different from the usual HTML concept.‖
— Tan Boon Keng, I.T. security consultant

The soft copy of the book is available here:
http://tankinlian.com/admin/file.aspx?id=165

9 comments:

Bongo said...

The link to the book don't seem to be working. When I click it, I get a msg which says the file is damaged and cannot be repaired.

Tan Kin Lian said...

Hi yeokh
I have tried on Internet Explorer and Chrome browser. The book can be downloaded, without any problem.
Some people reported the same issue as you. The possible reasons are:
a) They use a different browser
b) They PDF reader is not working well.
Can you try with another computer or check with a friend? It seems that most people do not have any problem. If you still have problem, send email to kinlaiin@gmail.com.

Bongo said...

Hi Mr Tan. I have no problems viewing pdf documents at your Ask Mr Tan website.

The link to Bright Town however does not work on my desktop as well as my laptop.

I am using the Firefox browser for both.

Will try with IE and provide feedback about whether it works.

Cheers.

Tan Kin Lian said...

hi yeokh
i have tried again, and it download fine. the file is rather big, so it might be troublesome if your pc does not have big memory. hope you succeed with another browser. the hard copy book is available in ishop.

Tan Kin Lian said...

hi yeokh
i just download it into my android phone. it download without any problem and quite fast. i am using wifi.
it is also quite easy to read.
i hope that you can overcome this problem. sorry that it behaved this way for you.

Bongo said...

Tried with IE 8 on both my laptop and desktop. Same message of damaged file appeared. I suspect something wrong with my installed Adobe Reader since you have no problems.

Will try downloading from my mobile via wifi.

Cheers.

Bongo said...

Managed to download to my Nokia cellphone. But lots of garbled characters when I opened up the pdf reader. Other pdf files read fine.

Tan Kin Lian said...

hi yeokh
sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. send an email to kinlian@gmail.com i will send the pdf to you as an attachment. or you can buy the book at ishop and get an authographed copy.

Bongo said...

Hi Mr Tan. Thank you so much for the mail attachment. I also upgraded my Adobe Reader to version 9 (from version 8), and am now able to read all about Bright Town.

Cheers.

Blog Archive