Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Make decisions based on understanding the data

Last night, I was surprised to see that Bus 163 was only half full. Today, I observed that two buses under service 163 came within 1 minute of each other. The second bus was almost empty.

Has the Land Transport Authority increased the buses for this capacity. Is it due to my frequent "observations" in Facebook?

Is this how the LTA decide on changing the capacity of each bus, based on observations in Facebook?

Do they monitor the occupancy of each bus? Do they know how to do it? If they don't know how to analyze the data, they can ask me. I have a lot of experience in this area.

Don't worry, LTA. I will donate my service for free. I know you don't have the budget for this kind of work. But you do have several billions for MRT lines and roads, right?

No comments:

Blog Archive