Wednesday, March 01, 2017

My experience at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital

I went to Khoo Teck Puat hospital for an appointment to have a pre-check for a colonoscopy. I waited 1 hour to see the doctor for 10 minutes. I waited another 45 minutes to see the financial counsellor for 5 mins and another 10 minutes to pay my bill.

The doctor asked - Do you need an MC? I replied "No".

I actually needed a "Waiting Certificate". It should state that Mr. Tan Kin Lian is not sick. But he had to spend half a day waiting in the hospital.

I wonder why the hospital needed the patients to spend so much time waiting? I am very annoyed at waiting for the financial counsellor who explains to me how much the operation will cost. Do I have any choice?

I was quite surprised that the colonoscopy cost almost $2,000! After government subsidy, I still have to pay $900 plus for a 15 minute operation.

The financial counsellor said, "You can pay by Medisave. After deducting Medisave, you only pay $30". Wow - as if Medisave is Government's money!

I told her that I would pay cash.

No comments:

Blog Archive