Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Be transparent and willing to share information

If someone tells me something, I try to check the facts online, if it is available. But it may not be available.

I also exercise my common sense - does this information make sense?

If it passes these two tests, I share the information. It may or may not be accurate. But I do suggest that the information is not fully verified.

I do not wait until the information is proven before I share it.

By sharing it, I invite other people to check my facts. If they know of something that I do not know of, they can tell me. I can correct my information when it happens.

I do not like someone to tell me - check with this and that. I find it not helpful.

If they have an alternative set of facts, they should state it accordingly.

In this respect, I am quite different from many other people who do now want to express any views, but are active in challenging the views of other people. I delete these kinds of unhelpful comments.

Our culture of non-transparency is bad, and has caused a lot of harm. We have to reverse it.

Tan Kin Lian

No comments:

Blog Archive