Friday, May 24, 2019

Forest City - impressive development and exciting future

When I first visited Forest City 2 years ago, I was impressed with the Sales Gallery and the hotel. There were no other developments.

After buying my apartment, I visited Forest City many times, with other people who are interested to consider a purchase.

I have the experience of seeing Forest City develop in stages and from scratch.

I observed the development one "park" at a time. Each "park" comprise of a few apartment blocks, and is similar to our condo project.

The development is impressive. I give full marks to the professionalism of the developer.

I am confident that the developer will keep Forest City in top shape for several decades. Let me explain why.

Forest City is a project that spans 30 to 40 years. The developer needs to maintain a high quality of maintenance for their earlier parks in order to sell the later parks.

If they allow the maintenance to drop in standard, it will affect the confidence of the future buyers and the sale of the later development parks.

Will the buyer be able to sell the apartments and make a capital gain? I advise against it.

The investor will be competing with the developer who will be selling tens of thousand of the same units. There will be a modest capital gain, based on inflation, but not the speculative gains (and losses) that you see in Singapore.

I like Forest City because it is a new city. It has a multi-layer concept for their roads. It brings a new lifestyle.

If it succeeds and becomes a buzzing city with many job opportunities, it can be very exciting. My grand children will find out, because I made my investment for them.

Tan Kin Lian






No comments:

Blog Archive