Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Mobile gadgets should give a humming sound

Last night, I was walking on the footpath. A electric operated wheelchair passed me without any warning. It was moving at a slow speed and the user was careful to avoid me. Still, it would be better if it gave a humming sound to warn the pedestrian.

This morning, a bicycle passed me on the footpath from behind. Again, I was not aware about it. The cyclist was riding slowly, so there was no danger. Still, it would be better if there was a humming sound to warn the pedestrian.

I am in favor of sharing the footpath with other users, but I like them to ride slowly (less than 10 kph) and their device to give a humming sound to warn the pedestrians.


I do not mind PMDs sharing the footpaths, if they move at less than 10 kph and give a humming sound, also.

Agree?

No comments:

Blog Archive