Saturday, November 30, 2019

A disappointing behavior

I publicized a talk on "How I lost 10 kg in 4 months". 14 people expressed an interest to attend the talk. It is free to attendees.

I set the date and sent an email to them. Only 3 people confirmed their attendance.

I publicized the talk in Facebook. Two people asked if I provide a buffet to encourage their attendance. I find their suggestion to be deplorable.

I know that the People's Association give attractive incentives, into food, to attract people to attend their free talks. They have a budget of $1 billion of taxpayer's money to spend. I do not have.

I took the trouble to come to the office today (which is a Saturday) to give the talk, even though only three people confirmed their attendance. Two of them sent in their apologies, giving some reason why they cannot attend.

I give my talk to one person only.

I have seen this kind of inconsiderate behavior on many past occasions. It is quite representative of the Singapore character.

https://tklcloud.com/Feedback/feedback2.aspx?id=2237



No comments:

Blog Archive