Sunday, March 07, 2021

A suspected phone scam

 I received a call from an unknown number 94801749.

When I answered, a pre-recorded message said that my phone will stop service within a short time. I have to press 5 for more details.

I suspect that it is a scam.

I terminated the call. I called back the number. There was no answer.

I wonder if the Police will take the trouble to investigate this potential fraud, if I lodge a report?

Or, they will do nothing?

Note - I have lost trust in the Police and many government agencies in Singapore. They have become very bad under LHL's administration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In corrupt countries, work is done by paying money.
Here work is done unwillingly or because cannot sweep under the carpet.
And if it is done, it is for the publicity or scared kenna complain.
Parti's case is only one example?
39% of Singaporeans believe so.

Anonymous said...

More police cameras help to solve cases but they will no prevent crimes. Only police physical patrols will deter and cut crimes. This type of safety cannot short-cut.

Blog Archive