Thursday, June 29, 2023

Lava bands

 A tout sold me three lava bands at the volcano in Tanghuban Perahu Nature Park in Bandung.

He spoke English and followed me for a while, giving useful information about the volcano crater and the site. He was not intrusive, unlike the other touts.
He asked for a higher price but I bargained it down to RM 200,000 (S$17) for 2 pieces. He gave a smaller piece as an "extra".
He said that the lava band helped to reduce stress. I did not believe him at that time, but it did not matter. Later, I checked Google and found that the lava stone absorbed negative ions, and did have that effect of reducing stress.
My Indonesian friend, who accompanied me to the volcano, suggested that I should allow him to do the bargaining and get a better price as a local.
I thanked him for his offer, but told him that I do not mind paying a higher "tourist" price to help the local vendors, who had to make a living.
Tan Kin Lian



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In 2017(?) Mr Shame Asked The Government's Secretary At the Ministry Of Law To Look Out B&W Bungalows For "Personal"
Rent Use( Not For Work Use). All These Government Servants Are Paid By Tax-Payer's Money? This Is Grossly Illegal And Abuse Of Power. He Of All Ministers Did Not Know The Law? Is This How The System Works? No Wrongdoing? Trust Is Eroded!

Anonymous said...

CPIB UNDER THE MINISTRY OF LAW WHICH HAPPENS TO BE UNDER MINISTER_______🐍________⁉️

Anonymous said...

Grey Area? Did the secretary do his boss's personal work inside the supposedly working hours or outside for his boss?

n 2017(?) Mr Shame Asked The Government's Secretary At the Ministry Of Law To Look Out B&W Bungalows For "Personal"
Rent Use( Not For Work Use). All These Government Servants Are Paid By Tax-Payer's Money? This Is Grossly Illegal And Abuse Of Power. He Of All Ministers Did Not Know The Law? Is This How The System Works? No Wrongdoing? Trust Is Eroded!

Blog Archive