Two or three years ago, I invested $207,000 in the StateStreet STI tracker fund. It is listed in the Singapore Exchange. This fund aims to track the STI index.
The fund performed well. It appreciated to $328,000 now. I obtained a gain of 58% over this period.
This must be my best personal investment. My other stock selection did not do well.
Timing is one factor for this good return. When I invested, the STI was at around 1600. Today, it is at 2600. So, the chance to make this kind of exceptional return has passed, at least for the near future.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
- ► 2007 (1803)
10/01 - 10/08
- My investments have made good returns over past 20...
- Simple and transparent terms for home loans
- Thank you for creating jobs for matured workers
- Tan Kin Lian's speech at NTUC Income Day
- Wait to recover the loss on technology fund
- Actual return on life insurance policies
- StateStreet STI (Tracker Fund)
- Which ie better - Growth Fund or Global Equity Fun...
- 550 people visit my blog daily
- Disappointed with Dynamic Guaranteed Fund
- Policyholder tops up investment in Growth Fund
- Wonderful experience at Business Center
- Which is better - combined or inexed fund?
- I shall keep my money with NTUC Income
- Saddened by your sudden decision
- Both parties give different versions of the accide...
- Is my investment of $62,000 adequate?
- I agree with you entirely!
- Is it advisable to downgrade to a lower plan?
- How to identify people with strategic thinking?
- Projected bonus on participating policies
- ▼ 10/01 - 10/08 (22)
- ► 2005 (159)