Dear Mr Tan,
One of my relative bought about $70,000 worth of NTUC technology fund. It is now worth about $40,000. Will this fund grow back to at least $70,000?
When they bought this fund, no one advice them that this is a risky fund. As you mentioned, there are ups and downs.
When will my relative recover at least back to their breakeven point ? How long will it grow back from 20cents to a dollar
Your relative will have to wait for the tech fund to reach 35 cents (not $1), before they can recover their investment.
I hope that this can happen within the next few years (but I do not know for sure). Many people expect technology to recover by now, but it seems to be taking longer.
They must have invested at a bad time. Many other investors made the investment at a lower price (or have averaged out on their investments), so they are already making a capital gain in this fund.
I have some personal investment in the technology fund as well, made at about the same level as your relative. So, I will also have to wait.
In my case, I have other investments, so the gain in some funds outweigh the losses in the tech fund.
Tan Kin Lian
- ► 2020 (260)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
- ► 2007 (1803)
10/01 - 10/08
- My investments have made good returns over past 20...
- Simple and transparent terms for home loans
- Thank you for creating jobs for matured workers
- Tan Kin Lian's speech at NTUC Income Day
- Wait to recover the loss on technology fund
- Actual return on life insurance policies
- StateStreet STI (Tracker Fund)
- Which ie better - Growth Fund or Global Equity Fun...
- 550 people visit my blog daily
- Disappointed with Dynamic Guaranteed Fund
- Policyholder tops up investment in Growth Fund
- Wonderful experience at Business Center
- Which is better - combined or inexed fund?
- I shall keep my money with NTUC Income
- Saddened by your sudden decision
- Both parties give different versions of the accide...
- Is my investment of $62,000 adequate?
- I agree with you entirely!
- Is it advisable to downgrade to a lower plan?
- How to identify people with strategic thinking?
- Projected bonus on participating policies
- ▼ 10/01 - 10/08 (22)
- ► 2005 (159)