The Pinnacle Notes offers an interset rate of 5.25% per annum, with the following disclaimer:
The notes are not principal protected. Payment of interest and repalyment of 100% of the principal amount at maturity is dependent upon, amongst other things, the occurence of a Credit Event, a Mandatory Redemption Event or if the issuer exercises its Issuer Call Option.
In such circumstances, you will lose all or substantially all of your investment in the Notes.
Please refer to the Prospectus for more details.
With these types of unclear risks, it is really worth while to invest in the Pinnacle notes? Will you be stuck for the next 6 years with a low return? How much will you lose, if any of the events happen? What is the chance of it happening?
How much commission is earned by the distributing banks? How much does the Arranger earn on the product? Are the small investors getting a fair return for the risk that they are shouldering?
These types of products are too complicated for me. I do not invest in them. I discourage my family members from investing in these products.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/15 - 07/22
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Renewal of motor insurance
- A cooperative has to answer to its members
- Underlying assets of structured products
- Consumer Protection on Mortgages - USA Experience
- Negative aspects of Singapore system
- The Day When Singapore Panicked
- Credit card for students?
- Singapore Dollar and the Carry Trade
- Sub-prime mortgages in America
- Good financial products
- Structured products in America
- Customer-friendly Call Center
- Give your full name
- Logic9 (Sudoku)
- An efficient public service
- Well rated Bonds
- Risk of credit default
- Cash back on a Term Policy
- What's bad about the Singapore system?
- Confusing Message
- Owned by the people
- CPF or life annuity
- Did you invest in these structured products?
- Risks of investing in Structured Products
- Credit Default Swaps
- Pinnacle Notes - 2 views
- Pinnacle Notes - do you know the risks?
- Good experience with structured products
- Return from various types of investments
- A customer focused organisation
- CASE Website
- Use of ATM in other countries
- Surgical Schedule
- A simple medical insurance product
- What product is suitable for my age group?
- How can CPF be improved to give a better return?
- What's good about Singapore
- National Day - Sudoku (Logic9)
- ▼ 07/15 - 07/22 (40)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)