FIRST POSTED IN FEBUARY, 2007 (EDITED)
Dear Mr Tan,
Read with interest on buying insurance products from the NTUC income portal.
I don't believe that there is an ideal insurance package solution for all.
It really depends on the age, size of family, living standards, of the individual.
What I would like to know is an ideal case of persons aged:
20-30: Just started work, planning on getting married
30-40: Married, steady career, with 1 or 2 kids
40-50: Achieved good mid-income (say $5K-7K/mth), higher educational needs (JC, university, worst case medical school)
50-60: Approaching retirement age, or continue working because of financial commits
What then are the range of insurance products/ investment funds would you recommend for these age groups.
The best plan is to buy a decreasing term insurance to provide the insurance coverage and to invest your savings (say 10% to 20% of your regular earnings) in a mutual fund or an invesment fund. You can read this FAQ for the young, and for seniors.
You should choose a flexible savings plan, as it gives you the flexibility to change your savings and the investment fund. Normally, you should choose a large, well diversified fund.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/15 - 07/22
- Invest in a low cost fund
- Renewal of motor insurance
- A cooperative has to answer to its members
- Underlying assets of structured products
- Consumer Protection on Mortgages - USA Experience
- Negative aspects of Singapore system
- The Day When Singapore Panicked
- Credit card for students?
- Singapore Dollar and the Carry Trade
- Sub-prime mortgages in America
- Good financial products
- Structured products in America
- Customer-friendly Call Center
- Give your full name
- Logic9 (Sudoku)
- An efficient public service
- Well rated Bonds
- Risk of credit default
- Cash back on a Term Policy
- What's bad about the Singapore system?
- Confusing Message
- Owned by the people
- CPF or life annuity
- Did you invest in these structured products?
- Risks of investing in Structured Products
- Credit Default Swaps
- Pinnacle Notes - 2 views
- Pinnacle Notes - do you know the risks?
- Good experience with structured products
- Return from various types of investments
- A customer focused organisation
- CASE Website
- Use of ATM in other countries
- Surgical Schedule
- A simple medical insurance product
- What product is suitable for my age group?
- How can CPF be improved to give a better return?
- What's good about Singapore
- National Day - Sudoku (Logic9)
- ▼ 07/15 - 07/22 (40)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)