Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Claim review committee

Thomas Phua posted this comment in my blog.

--------------------------------

Many home theft insurance must be followed by forcible entry. This is a little outdated as thief today are quite skillful and well trained.

I had a case that came in from window and no sign of forcible entry. Then NTUC Income rejected the claim and I appealled.

Then CEO, Mr Tan agreed with me on the way thief enters by the window, though no forcible entry, paid on ex-gratia. I believe no insurer will pay based on Mr Tan's understanding then. Mr Tan's reason was, there is actual lost due to theft.

Thomas Phua

-----------------------------------

I wish to explain how the decision was made.

NTUC Income has a claims review committee chaired by a general manager. I am not involved in the committee. The appeal was submitted to the committee. They decided, based on its merits.

I do provide some of my personal views on appeal cases. Sometimes, the committee agrees with me. Sometimes, they politely take a different view. I believe that the committee has acted fairly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a kind man, Mr. Tan

Blog Archive