Thomas Phua posted this comment in my blog.
Many home theft insurance must be followed by forcible entry. This is a little outdated as thief today are quite skillful and well trained.
I had a case that came in from window and no sign of forcible entry. Then NTUC Income rejected the claim and I appealled.
Then CEO, Mr Tan agreed with me on the way thief enters by the window, though no forcible entry, paid on ex-gratia. I believe no insurer will pay based on Mr Tan's understanding then. Mr Tan's reason was, there is actual lost due to theft.
I wish to explain how the decision was made.
NTUC Income has a claims review committee chaired by a general manager. I am not involved in the committee. The appeal was submitted to the committee. They decided, based on its merits.
I do provide some of my personal views on appeal cases. Sometimes, the committee agrees with me. Sometimes, they politely take a different view. I believe that the committee has acted fairly.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/22 - 04/29
- Means test
- Disability insurance
- A new computer system for the civil service
- Loop system for bus service
- Driving under difficult conditions
- Hub and spokes
- Judge a person's character for a job
- Long Travelling Time on Buses
- Asset allocation for your long term savings
- A good plan for a young family
- Law of trusts
- Letter from my ex-colleague
- Reply to "Two Great Leaders Who Miss Being Great"
- Plan with different charges
- A Matter of the Mind
- Feeder and express bus services
- False resume to get a job
- Index funds
- Great websites
- Buy i-Term from NTUC Income?
- Avoid market timing
- Term insurance at Aviva's website
- Improve public transport
- Dance Appreciation at the Esplanade
- Sold too early?
- Term insurance - Income & Aviva
- Hedge fund
- Return on NTUC Income's funds
- Sell Singapore shares?
- Lecture on insurance
- Reduce my holdings of Singapore shares
- Estimated yield for next 10 years
- Personal accident policy
- Claim review committee
- Fixed deposit interest rate
- Comfortable SMRT train ride
- Shopping for Travel Insurance
- Get the right assumptions
- Travel Insurance from the Portal
- Travel agent sells travel insurance
- Invest the settlement in an annuity
- Home content insurance
- Life Insurance Settlement
- Home content insurance
- Have a lower yield target of 6%
- Anticipated endowment sold badly
- Balance profit and service
- Travel insurance - emergency evacuation
- Travel Portal - Zuji, Priceline
- Booking an air ticket through the internet
- Money market fund
- Is Gold a good investment?
- Road Safety
- Buy motor insurance direct
- Cost of investing
- Planning a holiday at Gold Coast
- Success factors for NTUC Income
- ▼ 04/22 - 04/29 (61)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)