Sunday, April 22, 2007

Road Safety

Thomas Phua asked me to write something about road safety in my blog. I have edited his message. You can see his own posting in his blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Tan,

I am on the road every day, on a motorcycle. I observe that many drivers lack concern for other motorists. I often met with a close shave with other drivers due to their poor judgement or disregard for the safety of others.

My brother was involved in an accident last year. He was lucky to survive. I am helping him to claim against third party.

I am surprised that the taxi driver reported that my brother hit his taxi instead.
This is really absurd. The taxi driver that nearly killed a motorcyclist. Yet, he made a false report. The police found him to be guilty, based on the physical evidence of the accident. I hope that the driver will at least admit their fault, when someone is injured.

I feel that many motorcyclists died because of the poor judgement and careless attitude of motorists.

Thomas Phua

No comments:

Blog Archive