Dear Mr Tan,
Thanks for your prior comments on future career prospects of financial advisor.
I'm a 35yr old mid career engineer earning 5k per month, looking for a switch to a career that is more meaningful, with a purpose in live.
However, I also think i'm quite introvert, not sure if i'm really suitable to be a financial advisor that requires face-to-face sales....
As you are drawing a fairly good salary and you are, as you indicated, an introvert, it may be better for you to stay in your current career, rather than make a career switch at this juncture.
To make a switch involve risk. This is all right, provided that the reward is attractive or the motivation is strong. It does not appear to be the case in this instance.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/01 - 04/08
- Lower commission rate for life insurance policies ...
- Low life insurance coverage for Singaporeans
- Interesting plan for a parent to give to a child
- GIFT policy
- Government employee plans for retirement
- An income benefit
- Reasons to avoid structured products
- Financial Planning for Seniors
- Taxi Service in Shanghai
- Make a career switch
- Center for Seniors
- An adventure to reach my hotel in Huangshan
- Commuter train system in Shanghai
- Recover data in my PDA (mobile device)
- Attract and retain talent in information technolog...
- Can an actuary work in financial engineering?
- Is it safe to invest in USD?
- Stop paying pemiums
- Choosing my career
- Waiting for the market to correct
- Insurance for people in poor health
- My insurance and investments
- Why did I join NTUC Income?
- Two types of democratic systems
- Avoid this financial product
- Invest CPF money with low risk
- Good future for an insurance adviser
- Penny stocks
- Proud of our cooperative beliefs
- Low public opinion of financial institutions
- Better use of manpower
- Study shows why exercise boosts brainpower
- Sub-prime mortgages
- Use Skype to call home
- Unproductive competition
- Minimum wage
- Financial planning for Seniors
- Financial planning for the young
- How to be creative
- Visiting Huangshan, China
- Book for hotel rooms through the internet
- China - changes in 20 years
- ▼ 04/01 - 04/08 (42)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)