I asked a senior manager of a life insurance company in China about the commission rate payable to the agent for selling an endowment or whole life policy.
I was surprised to learn the answer! The commission rate is about half of the level paid in Singapore.
In spite of the rapid expansion of the market, the commission rates in Singapore remained at a high level. The public is paying too much for their life insurance policies.
It appears that competition in China has been more effective in getting insurance companies to provide better value to their customers.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/01 - 04/08
- Lower commission rate for life insurance policies ...
- Low life insurance coverage for Singaporeans
- Interesting plan for a parent to give to a child
- GIFT policy
- Government employee plans for retirement
- An income benefit
- Reasons to avoid structured products
- Financial Planning for Seniors
- Taxi Service in Shanghai
- Make a career switch
- Center for Seniors
- An adventure to reach my hotel in Huangshan
- Commuter train system in Shanghai
- Recover data in my PDA (mobile device)
- Attract and retain talent in information technolog...
- Can an actuary work in financial engineering?
- Is it safe to invest in USD?
- Stop paying pemiums
- Choosing my career
- Waiting for the market to correct
- Insurance for people in poor health
- My insurance and investments
- Why did I join NTUC Income?
- Two types of democratic systems
- Avoid this financial product
- Invest CPF money with low risk
- Good future for an insurance adviser
- Penny stocks
- Proud of our cooperative beliefs
- Low public opinion of financial institutions
- Better use of manpower
- Study shows why exercise boosts brainpower
- Sub-prime mortgages
- Use Skype to call home
- Unproductive competition
- Minimum wage
- Financial planning for Seniors
- Financial planning for the young
- How to be creative
- Visiting Huangshan, China
- Book for hotel rooms through the internet
- China - changes in 20 years
- ▼ 04/01 - 04/08 (42)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)