Saturday, April 07, 2007

An adventure to reach my hotel in Huangshan

I visited Huangshan with my wife. We did not have any tour guide.

I booked a room in Beihai Hotel. I took a taxi from Huangshan City to Beihai Hotel. I had three luggages and expected to be taken directly to the hotel.

This is not the case.

The hotel took me to the main gate at the foot of the mountain. I was told that I had to take another taxi to the cable car station. I had to change to a crowded cable car to be taken to the station up the mountain. From there, I had to walk 1 kilometer to reach Beihai Hotel.

My luggages weighed 30 kilos.

The stall holder at the foot of the mountain advised us to leave our heavy luggages for their safe keeping, and to carry the light, essential items in a haversack (which they sold to us). We had to pay storage fee for the three days.

This suggestion turned out to be excellent. We enjoyed our stay in the mountain. On our return, our luggages were returned to us, safe and intact.

No comments:

Blog Archive