Friday, May 04, 2007

Insure my co-payment

Dear Mr Tan,

I am a civil servant. On my retirement, I and my wife are eligible to receive medical benefits for a lifetime. However, I am required to make a co-payment of 20% for the ward charges. Can I buy insurance for this co-payment?

---------------------------------------

REPLY:

NTUC Income provides an insurance plan to cover half of the co-payment. In my frank view, you do not need to insure this risk. The co-payment is quite small. You can make the co-payment out of your Medisave savings.

1 comment:

Thomas Phua's Blog said...

Wife of retired civil servant enjoys the medical benefit as long as the retired civil servant is still alive, correct me if i am wrong.

What happened if the wife out live the husband, will she lost the medical benefit?

One may still consider a Shield Plan for the wife as a backup and to use it to cover the 20%.

Regards
Thomas Phua

Blog Archive