A few months ago, I visited the small workshops in Ang Mo Kio autocenter. They participated actively in the tender system.
They welcomed me warmly. They were proud to be participating in the tender system. They should me their quality control and other business process.
I wondered? Why did they like the tender system? They had to submit a competitive bid to be awarded.
A market expert told me a few days ago. In the past, the small workshops had to pay a large finder's fee of a few hundred dollars to the tout (usually the tow truck operator) who bring the repair job to them. Sometimes, the tout approach several workshops to see who can give the best fee to them.
After paying the fee to the tout, the workshop has to jack up the repair bill to cover his cost.
By participating in the tender system, the small workshops do not have to go through this hassle. They work out their cost and a fair margin, and submit the tender. By being competitive, they can get a fair allocation of work and make a reasonable margin.
- ► 2013 (299)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
04/29 - 05/06
- Investment linked plan under NTUC Income
- Are my policies worth to keep?
- No need for Medishield insurance
- Spend less on insurance; invest the rest
- Life Insurance for College Students
- Talk to LTA
- Different methods of calculating interest
- Employment for seniors
- I strongly agree
- Discrimination in the workplace
- Save for a child's education
- Liability insurance
- Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection
- Payment to accident victims
- Insure my co-payment
- Call me on my mobile
- Save $600 a month?
- Structured Investment Products
- Car Navigation System
- Sad aspect of market liberalisation
- Small workshops like the tender system
- An alternative to Downtown Lines
- Better to have a standard taxi fare
- Whole life policies from NTUC Income gives better ...
- Two views of the stock market
- Poor return on whole life policies
- Term to 99 years
- What has Science got to offer?
- Difference between wishful and positive thinking
- Power of marketing
- Motor claim by third party
- Water for Life
- Surrender value of Living policy
- Financial Tips for the Young and for Seniors
- Avoid lock-in investment products
- Restructuring of public transport
- Senior Employment Guidance
- My personal asset allocation
- Refinance your housing loan
- Capital guaranteed products give a poor return
- Some structured products are good?
- Discount on motor insurance
- Singapore Dance Theatre - Impressions
- A salute to the earlier generations!
- Making the incredible credible
- Renting your car
- How to control spam mail
- Feeder service in Hong Kong
- Role of an agent
- Pyramid scheme
- Asset allocation in a nutshell
- Ranking of Products
- Investment Tips, April 2007
- Term insurance up to age 65
- More moderate return in the future
- Shall I continue Eldershield?
- Capital guaranteed product
- Increase the investment in a life annuity
- Simplify the feedback form
- Encashing my life insurance policies
- Yield of 3.41%
- Term Insurance
- Senior Housing
- Natural disasters
- Pay a fixed fee to a broker
- What is a broker?
- Insurance course at a local university
- Invest in large, well diversified fund
- ▼ 04/29 - 05/06 (69)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)