Dear Dr Tan.
Firstly I would like to say good job on your blog, truly inspiring.
Term life in Malaysia, somehow seems to be quite expensive. For RM100,00 protection (living benefit), I need to pay about RM67 per month.
This seems to be much more expensive in comparison to other countries, i.e. USA and Singapore.
I decided to consider a personal accident plan, which looks the same as a term life, but covers accidental death only.
Do you have personal accident, like in Malaysia? What is your view about buying a personal accdient plan, compared to a term life?
Personal accident plans are sold in Singapore as well. The premium is less than $100 per annum, for a cover of $100,000. It covers death and permanent total disability caused by accidents.
In my view, a personal accident plan is suitable, especially for younger people.
As a Malaysian, you can buy a term life in Singapore, if you wish. You can also buy it from overseas.
- ► 2019 (1600)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
05/20 - 05/27
- Enhanced Income Fund
- $1,000 is sufficient for a retiree
- No overlap in coverage
- Appeal from a motor cyclist
- Fixed deposit with a finance company
- Bond and money market fund
- My friend likes your blog
- Structured products that have matured
- Swing Fund
- Switch to Balanced Fund
- Air fare to Kuala Lumpur
- Protect unit trust investors
- Life annuity gives financial security
- Pay My Uni
- Success of Indexed Funds
- Money Market Fund
- Insurance claim on World Trade Center, New York
- Singapore Transport Guide
- High charges can take away 70% of the total return...
- Difficult to beat the market average
- Distribution by a mutual fund
- Tips on Investments
- Indexed funds for small investors
- Using SingPass
- Invest in the money market
- Insurance planning for the family
- Adequate insurance
- How To Get A Good Research Job
- FAQ: Save for your child's education
- Structured deposit in foreign currency
- Do what is best for the customers
- Increase value for all stakeholders
- ETFs sold by Vanguard Mutual Group
- Leaving the assets to the family
- Recognised by my voice
- Why is CPF inadequate?
- Singaporeans have to work 10 years longer
- Have enough money to retire gracefully
- High expense ratio of structured products
- Consumer Protection - Financial Products
- Critical illness coverage - expensive
- Make it easy to move to a new home
- Skype - Online
- Appointment for a telephone call
- Personal Email account
- Jobs for Seniors - Seah Leong Khai
- How to overcome myths
- Personal accident insurance
- Investment linked products in India
- ▼ 05/20 - 05/27 (50)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)