COMMENT POSTED IN MY BLOG
Mr Tan, someone like yourself needs to tell the guys at CPF exactly that a fund is safer than buying a stock.
The guys at CPF are wasting money getting the fund rated by Mercer. This indirectly means that consumers wil end up paying for something that is actually better for the average conservative investor.
It is bizzare that CPF allows someone to buy up to their stock limit in one stock while "worry" about someone buying into a fund.
The CPF guys are either trying to protect themeselves by getting the fund mangement company to pay Mercer so that Mercer can be used as a scapegoat if something goes wrong.
Not all funds are well diversified and safe. It is necessary for the fund to be rated. This is why CPF appointed Mercer to do the rating.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/01 - 07/08
- Life annuity - capital preservation
- Bad experience with structured products
- Products that give good value
- Limited premium policy
- Vera and her mother
- Premium for term insurance
- Low cost product
- Postage increased to 26 cents
- One Motoring Website
- Another Tan Kin Lian
- Early redemption penalty
- Expense ratio of financial products
- More than Insurance
- Stock and property markets
- Simple financial products
- How can Singaporeans be happy?
- Views about entrepreneurship
- Surf Deposit 20
- Pay less for your home loan
- Star Track II SGD
- The real winners in structured products
- Measure yield on money market fund
- Any good structured products?
- Wisdom of Crowds
- Flexible terms for your mortgage loan
- Fixed monthly repayment on mortgage loan
- Commission paid on life insurance
- Return from a life annuity
- Sell low cost policy
- Low cost product
- Fixed or floating rate for your mortgage?
- Different types of mortgages
- Adjustible Rate Mortgage
- Look for good advisers
- Lorenzo de Medici
- Life cycle funds
- Investment Funds
- Vanguard Funds
- How Vanguard markets its funds
- Risk and return
- BIGe pays 3.5%
- Investing in High Yielding Bonds
- Difference between ILP and par fund
- Investing your CPF savings
- Switch to lower level of risk
- Monitor bond and money market yields
- Rating of CPF approved funds
- Maybank's Regal Structured Deposit
- Ideal structure of an investment fund
- Fair treatment of policyholders
- ▼ 07/01 - 07/08 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)