COMMENT POSTED IN MY BLOG:
In my 9 years here, I've rarely met anyone who's happy about their job. Everyone has grouses ... and why?
Mostly due to Money. Let's all admit it, isn't this society driven by monetary excellence? What else? High expectations has been drilled since we are young. High expectations of your maid, the guy at the front bank desk, your colleagues.
Everything is speed, accuracy, and excellence. Would anyone dare fail? What's this all boils down to? Higher stress ---> Grouses??
Is this only happening in Singapore? I don't think so. Maybe it's more evident here? Possibly?
So therefore, your statement may have to evolve to 'how can Singaporeans be happy?'
Mr. Tan sir, please share some thoughts.
I like to invite other readers to share their thoughts.
Here are some of my suggestions:
* live within our income
* save 15% for our future needs
* do not spend unnecessary (to keep up with other people)
* avoid borrowing on credit card
* do not envy other people; live our own life
* look for the things that are inexpensive or free in Singapore; they are plenty
* do not waste our time doing the unnecessary work
* talk to friends and colleagues
* have an inexpensive hobby
* spend time to be nice to other people
* think of others; not just ourself
I hope to get more views from other people.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
07/01 - 07/08
- Life annuity - capital preservation
- Bad experience with structured products
- Products that give good value
- Limited premium policy
- Vera and her mother
- Premium for term insurance
- Low cost product
- Postage increased to 26 cents
- One Motoring Website
- Another Tan Kin Lian
- Early redemption penalty
- Expense ratio of financial products
- More than Insurance
- Stock and property markets
- Simple financial products
- How can Singaporeans be happy?
- Views about entrepreneurship
- Surf Deposit 20
- Pay less for your home loan
- Star Track II SGD
- The real winners in structured products
- Measure yield on money market fund
- Any good structured products?
- Wisdom of Crowds
- Flexible terms for your mortgage loan
- Fixed monthly repayment on mortgage loan
- Commission paid on life insurance
- Return from a life annuity
- Sell low cost policy
- Low cost product
- Fixed or floating rate for your mortgage?
- Different types of mortgages
- Adjustible Rate Mortgage
- Look for good advisers
- Lorenzo de Medici
- Life cycle funds
- Investment Funds
- Vanguard Funds
- How Vanguard markets its funds
- Risk and return
- BIGe pays 3.5%
- Investing in High Yielding Bonds
- Difference between ILP and par fund
- Investing your CPF savings
- Switch to lower level of risk
- Monitor bond and money market yields
- Rating of CPF approved funds
- Maybank's Regal Structured Deposit
- Ideal structure of an investment fund
- Fair treatment of policyholders
- ▼ 07/01 - 07/08 (51)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)