I met a teacher who lived in Pasir Ris and worked in Bukit Panjang. He has to take a long journey each day to get to his school.
There are many schools in Pasir Ris and Tampines, that is closer to his home. Surely, it is desirable for him to work closer to his home?
It will be difficult for the teacher to ask for the transfer. He has to get the approval of principals of his current school and the new school that is closer to his home.
If this exercise is managed on a national scale, by the Ministry of Education, it will be easier for all parties and beneficial in the long run.
There are many teachers and many schools all over Singapore. It will be beneficial if many teachers could be transferred to a suitable school near his or her home?
This exercise can also be applied to other government departments and large businesses that have operations all over the island.
If 20 percent of workers can be relocated to work closer to their homes (without any long term loss of productivity), there will less congestion on the roads and public transport, and a better quality of life.
I hope that this idea can be pursued.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
08/05 - 08/12
- Invest my retirement savings
- Buy a modest amount of critical illness cover
- Subprime mortgages cause global stockmarkets to fa...
- Regular premium unit trust
- Pooling of Risk under a Life Annuity
- Buy a life annuity earlier
- SMS Marketing
- Customer friendly Call Center
- Online purchase of insurance in USA
- Withdraw from Combined Fund
- Earn 4% on your CPF retirement account
- How to get a higher return
- Notify consumer about the high charges
- Buy a fixed term annuity
- Financial Planning Tips
- Financial Planning for Seniors (revised FAQ)
- Working closer to home
- Collapse of bridge in Minneapolis, USA
- Waiting time for public buses
- ▼ 08/05 - 08/12 (19)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)