Q: What is the monthly payment for $400,000 to buy an annuity, with capital refund and without capital refund?
Some typical rates can be obtained here.
Q: Does the medical history affect the payout under an annuity?
The insurance company assume that all annuitants are in good health and have a longer lifespan. You should buy a life annuity only if you are of fairly good health.
If you are in poor health, you should not buy a life annuity, as you are likely to receive the payout over a shorter lifespan.
Q: Is there any difference due to timing?
If you buy a non-participating annuity, the payout that you get may vary according to the prevailing interest rate at the time of purchase.
For a participating annuity, the payout is likely to be the same, as the investment yield will be reflected in the bonus payable on the annuity.
Q: Why does a male get a higher payout from an annuity, compared to a female?
A female annuitant has a longer lifespan, and will receive a lower payout, compared to a male annuitant.
Q: I give $500 to my parents monthly. Is there a better way to stretch my money for my parents?
If you have a capital sum, you can buy a fixed term or life annuity for your parent. It may offer you a better return, compared to short term interest rate.
Q: Is it better to buy an annuity at 55 or at 65?
It depends on your personal needs. If you buy the annuity at 55, you will get a lower payout as the annuity will be paid for a longer period. If you wait until 65, you get a higher payout.
- ► 2019 (1702)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
09/16 - 09/23
- China stocks are too expensive
- Choose the right fund
- Educate the customers
- Need for financial discipline
- Longevity insurance - What are the Options?
- Life annuity pays out more
- Does an independent adviser give better value?
- Purchase additional insurance
- Write a will
- Distribute your assets early
- Reaching age 55
- Coverage under Medishield and hospitalisation plan...
- Selecting a Shield plan
- Avoid over-lapping insurance policies
- Pooling of risks
- Insure against big losses
- People are living longer
- Funds with Low Upfront Charge
- Diversification and liquidity
- Retirement Planning
- Education in Singapore.
- Questons on Life and medical insurance
- Questions on Investing in funds
- Questions on Overseas property
- Questions on Life Annuity
- Talk to teachers on Managing your Finances
- Waive legal fees of $45,000
- Simple facts about life annuity
- Future bonus of NTUC Income
- ▼ 09/16 - 09/23 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)