Dear Mr Tan,
There are so many investment funds in the market. How do I make the right choice? Should I chooce the China and Indian funds that are likely to do well over the next few years? Any advice?
Choose a large, well diversified fund fund that have low upfront and annual expenses. Preferably, chooose an indexed funds, such as the STI ETF (exchange traded fund) or the S&P 500 fund (in America).
Invest 80% of your savings in these funds. For the remaining 20%, you can choose the fund that appears to be exciting, such as the China or India fund. However, you must select carefully, as the stocks in China are now too highly expensive.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
09/16 - 09/23
- China stocks are too expensive
- Choose the right fund
- Educate the customers
- Need for financial discipline
- Longevity insurance - What are the Options?
- Life annuity pays out more
- Does an independent adviser give better value?
- Purchase additional insurance
- Write a will
- Distribute your assets early
- Reaching age 55
- Coverage under Medishield and hospitalisation plan...
- Selecting a Shield plan
- Avoid over-lapping insurance policies
- Pooling of risks
- Insure against big losses
- People are living longer
- Funds with Low Upfront Charge
- Diversification and liquidity
- Retirement Planning
- Education in Singapore.
- Questons on Life and medical insurance
- Questions on Investing in funds
- Questions on Overseas property
- Questions on Life Annuity
- Talk to teachers on Managing your Finances
- Waive legal fees of $45,000
- Simple facts about life annuity
- Future bonus of NTUC Income
- ▼ 09/16 - 09/23 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)