Hi Mr Tan,
My husband is covered under the Government's Medishield plan. He is also covered under my company's hospitalisation plan for which I pay only 50% of the premium. Is this double insurance? Should I continue to insure him under my company's plan?
There is double insurance for Medishield and the hospitalisation plan.
I suggest that you ask the insurer to explain to you the extent of the overlap. If the overlap is significant, there is no point for you to pay two premium. If the overlap is minor, then it is all right to keep the hospitalisation plan (as you only pay 50% of the premium).
You can see if the deductible under Medishield is covered adequately by the hospitalsiation plan.
- ► 2020 (459)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
09/16 - 09/23
- China stocks are too expensive
- Choose the right fund
- Educate the customers
- Need for financial discipline
- Longevity insurance - What are the Options?
- Life annuity pays out more
- Does an independent adviser give better value?
- Purchase additional insurance
- Write a will
- Distribute your assets early
- Reaching age 55
- Coverage under Medishield and hospitalisation plan...
- Selecting a Shield plan
- Avoid over-lapping insurance policies
- Pooling of risks
- Insure against big losses
- People are living longer
- Funds with Low Upfront Charge
- Diversification and liquidity
- Retirement Planning
- Education in Singapore.
- Questons on Life and medical insurance
- Questions on Investing in funds
- Questions on Overseas property
- Questions on Life Annuity
- Talk to teachers on Managing your Finances
- Waive legal fees of $45,000
- Simple facts about life annuity
- Future bonus of NTUC Income
- ▼ 09/16 - 09/23 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)