COMMENT POSTED IN MY BLOG
The situation is between the gap in Shield Plan for the Deductible and Co-insurance that is difficult to balance. The other scenario is one has employer benefit, and Shield Plan acts as a backup.
Shield Plan is a primary need. If one has not other coverage, look at covering the Deductible and Co-insurance. Insurers like Ntuc Income has Plus Rider that covers the Deductible and Co-insurance gap nicely.
Then again, some people do a low plan, example Plan Basic and seek private hospital care, then there will be a different scenario.
Some time it is difficult to decide on type of level of coverage unless one is sure which type of medical care one will need. Generally, most will be comfortable in B1 or B2 government restructured hospital care.
Most parents will prefer private hospital care for their young children. Some ladies, like privacy when come to woman's problem and sough private medical care.
Unless one is able to be firm on the need, some time overlapping cover may be useful in such situation.
But example if one has Plan Preferred with Rider, this will cover mostly all types of care, as this is private hospital level of plan.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
09/16 - 09/23
- China stocks are too expensive
- Choose the right fund
- Educate the customers
- Need for financial discipline
- Longevity insurance - What are the Options?
- Life annuity pays out more
- Does an independent adviser give better value?
- Purchase additional insurance
- Write a will
- Distribute your assets early
- Reaching age 55
- Coverage under Medishield and hospitalisation plan...
- Selecting a Shield plan
- Avoid over-lapping insurance policies
- Pooling of risks
- Insure against big losses
- People are living longer
- Funds with Low Upfront Charge
- Diversification and liquidity
- Retirement Planning
- Education in Singapore.
- Questons on Life and medical insurance
- Questions on Investing in funds
- Questions on Overseas property
- Questions on Life Annuity
- Talk to teachers on Managing your Finances
- Waive legal fees of $45,000
- Simple facts about life annuity
- Future bonus of NTUC Income
- ▼ 09/16 - 09/23 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)