Someone frequently posted comments in my blog arguing that an independent financial adviser have a better range of products to offer to the client, compared to a tied agent.
In my view, this is not a priority. More importantly, it is the integrity of the adviser that counts.
Does the adviser (i.e. tied or independent) act ethically in looking after the best interest of the client? Or does the adviser push a product that earns the highest commission?
Within any company, there is a range of products. Some offer better value to the client and pays less commission to the adviser. Others pay higher commission. Which product does the adviser recommend?
When I was in charge of NTUC Income, I made sure that all the products offer good value to the customers, and a fair rate of commission to the agent. Most of the agents recommended these good value products, even today.
- ► 2020 (777)
- ► 2019 (1839)
- ► 2018 (1406)
- ► 2017 (1258)
- ► 2016 (828)
- ► 2015 (691)
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (501)
- ► 2012 (1269)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1654)
- ► 2008 (2104)
09/16 - 09/23
- China stocks are too expensive
- Choose the right fund
- Educate the customers
- Need for financial discipline
- Longevity insurance - What are the Options?
- Life annuity pays out more
- Does an independent adviser give better value?
- Purchase additional insurance
- Write a will
- Distribute your assets early
- Reaching age 55
- Coverage under Medishield and hospitalisation plan
- Selecting a Shield plan
- Avoid over-lapping insurance policies
- Pooling of risks
- Insure against big losses
- People are living longer
- Funds with Low Upfront Charge
- Diversification and liquidity
- Retirement Planning
- Education in Singapore.
- Questons on Life and medical insurance
- Questions on Investing in funds
- Questions on Overseas property
- Questions on Life Annuity
- Talk to teachers on Managing your Finances
- Waive legal fees of $45,000
- Simple facts about life annuity
- Future bonus of NTUC Income
- ▼ 09/16 - 09/23 (29)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)