Hi, Mr Tan,
I have been reading your blog. Thanks for your time in sharing with all the readers your views & observations.
I have a question regards to CPF. I had made a CPF transfer from OA to SA this year. My money in the CPF exceed the $40k that qualifies for 1% extra.
I am thinking of taking out the excess in the SA to invest in NTUC Prime fund as it has one of the lowest cost. Do you think that is a good choice ? Or should I diversify to others ?
In my personal view, it is better to keep in the special account as it pays 4% interest and is free of risk.
The return from the Prime Fund is uncertain. As the stockmarket is now at a high level, and there is still much uncertainty in the global economy, it is better to keep your money in risk free investment for the time being.
You can review the situation next year.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
11/18 - 11/25
- Einstein's Intelligence Quiz
- Investment horizon
- Insurance to cover working years
- Buy Term and Invest the Difference
- Buy term first
- Investment fund with no front end charge
- ILP - single or regular premium?
- Buy life annuity at 62
- Liquidity of STI Exchange Traded Funds
- Have a budget
- Personal savings for your retirement
- CPF as a source of savings for retirement
- Quotes from Einstein
- Singapore Market is now approaching 3,300
- NTUC Income Business Center
- Logic Puzzles
- Avoid credit card rollovers
- Budget for insurance
- Minimum income for retirement
- CPF provides a good return
- Investing in shares
- Experience in talking to insurance agents
- Save $840 a year
- How to clear off a credit card debt
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Selling a put option
- Car Pooling
- Dual Currency investment
- Low cost investment funds
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- Dual Currency Investment
- Buying a Shield plan
- Talk to Three Advisers
- Lucky to be in Singapore
- Fostering Neighbourliness
- Low cost Investment Funds
- Live near your place of work
- Tips on solving Sudoku puzzles
- ▼ 11/18 - 11/25 (38)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)