Sunday, November 18, 2007

Low cost Investment Funds

A few people have written to ask for my advice on the low cost funds that they can invest in.

I am working out the following options:

1. STI ETF. I am asking my stockbroker about the minimum monthly sum that they can invest in. The monthly savings can be credited into an account and be used to invest in the STI ETF when it reaches the minimum sum. You can purchase odd shares through POEMS Share Builders Plan. Check with Philips Securities.

2. Unit Trust. I am checking for a low cost unit trust that accept monthly savings. I will also look for an financial adviser who is willing to provide this service.

3. Ideal plan. There is a Ideal plan from NTUC Income which allows 100% of the monthly savings to be invested in the combined fund. I am looking for an insurance adviser who is willing to promote this plan, even though they earn a lower rate of commission.

I shall be posting some of these options, when they are finalised. I hope to be above to offer these low cost options to the people who visit my blog and are educated about the merits of this type of investment.

Read this FAQs:

http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/fptips.html
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/choice.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Ideal plan same as those investmetn linked product that it gets expensive when age increases? I heard various versions of it and got really confused. Now I am contemplating to sell it to cut loss or not. Appreciate an advice.

Anonymous said...

For STI ETF, you may purchase odd shares through POEMS Share Builders Plan.

Anonymous said...

Regular investing plans that allow as low as $100 using CPFOA or cash have been around for some time. No or on going advisory fee of a about 1% or lesser to be agreed between adviser and client.The sales charge is negotiable and will not be more than 3%.
Ifast or the Navigator platform offers this.
Ideal cannot beat them. If you use the recurrent Ideal the minimum is $1k.
Mr.Tan, I hope you continue to explore the best investment options
for the consuming public.

Anonymous said...

Ideal plan not necessary get more expensive when age increases if no rider is add to it.
I took up Ideal 7 from Income Direct Business which only consist of policy fee $4/mth and sales charges depending on fund choosen.

Blog Archive