I am giving a talk on "Tips to solve Sudoku puzzle" at 2 p.m at the Active Aging Carnival, held outside Singapore Plaza (Dhoby Ghaut MRT station).
My tips involve using the left and right brain. Many people think that active use of the brain will help to reduce the risk of Alzheimer's disease. I do not know if this can be scientifically proven.
Here is an explanation about Alzheimer's disease from the Yahoo health website.
Alzheimer's disease is a progressive condition that affects areas of the brain involved in memory, intelligence, judgment, language, and behavior. It is the most common form of mental decline, or dementia, in older adults.
Alzheimer's disease is more severe than the mild memory loss that many people experience as they grow older. Alzheimer's disease also affects behavior, personality, the ability to think clearly, and the ability to carry out daily activities. Close family members usually notice symptoms first, although the person affected also may realize that something is wrong.
What causes Alzheimer's disease?
It is not clear why these changes in the brain occur, but research to discover the cause of Alzheimer's disease is ongoing. Although most people who develop Alzheimer's disease do not have a family history of the condition, you are at increased risk for the condition if a member of your family has it.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
- ► 2008 (2105)
11/18 - 11/25
- Einstein's Intelligence Quiz
- Investment horizon
- Insurance to cover working years
- Buy Term and Invest the Difference
- Buy term first
- Investment fund with no front end charge
- ILP - single or regular premium?
- Buy life annuity at 62
- Liquidity of STI Exchange Traded Funds
- Have a budget
- Personal savings for your retirement
- CPF as a source of savings for retirement
- Quotes from Einstein
- Singapore Market is now approaching 3,300
- NTUC Income Business Center
- Logic Puzzles
- Avoid credit card rollovers
- Budget for insurance
- Minimum income for retirement
- CPF provides a good return
- Investing in shares
- Experience in talking to insurance agents
- Save $840 a year
- How to clear off a credit card debt
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Selling a put option
- Car Pooling
- Dual Currency investment
- Low cost investment funds
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- Dual Currency Investment
- Buying a Shield plan
- Talk to Three Advisers
- Lucky to be in Singapore
- Fostering Neighbourliness
- Low cost Investment Funds
- Live near your place of work
- Tips on solving Sudoku puzzles
- ▼ 11/18 - 11/25 (38)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)