Hi Mr. Tan,
I am concerned that my savings for the future will be eroded away by inflation and that the yields in the CPFOA may not keep up with inflation.
I am considering putting some savings into UOB Growthpath 2040 fund and also the Combined Fund by NTUC Income. It seems that doing a regular ILP incurs high costs. I am thinking of putting some money in both funds over the next few months. What are your views?
Thanks for the advise on your website. It is sad that insurance agents put a lot of pressure on customers. I almost signed up an ILP with a friend only to realise of the high upfront costs, and also the relatively high annual charge of 1.5%. I was advised to put money in single country funds that are 'hot' economies. I decided to cancel the policy within the 14days grace period. I cannot afford to lose up to 18 months in upfront costs at this early stage of life.
I checked with another agent and was told that not all the information on DR Money's website is true about insurance.
You can read this FAQ about investments:
I am not able to give you specific views about the UOB fund. If you wish to invest in the Combined Fund from NTUC Income, you can invest through the Flexi Link policy, where the charges are much lower than a regular ILP.
You did right to cancel the high cost ILP policy. Your savings should be for your future, and not for the earnings of the insurance agent.
Dr Money's advice on insurance is sound. It may not be 100% accurate. My advice is not 100% accurate either. But, they are useful for consumers.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
01/20 - 01/27
- Ask for a clear explanation
- Ask the agent for an explanation
- Invest in ETF
- Safari Park near Puncak
- Riding the highs and the lows
- $1 million or a car?
- Higher Motor Insurance Premiums
- Stay invested for the long term
- Higher cost products
- Living Benefit
- Avoid these financial products
- Whole life premium payable for 10 years
- Personal accident by telemarketing
- Low cost Endowment and Whole Life policies
- Investing through the ETF
- Common Sense Investing - John C Bogle (3)
- A taxi without a driver?
- Common Sense Investing - John C Bogle (2)
- Common Sense Investing - John C Bogle
- Logic Quiz B2
- Joke: Black Gowns
- Behaviour of a Bear Market
- Availability of Low Cost Funds
- Help the Less Fortunate People
- Feeder Services
- Relevant figures for a decision
- Cost Plus for public services
- Revamp of Public Transport System
- Best premium rates
- Personal Savings for Your Retirement
- Personal Accident
- Difference between Flexi Link and Ideal plans
- Critical Illness Cover
- Safari Park near Puncak
- Structured Products invested in subprime CDOs
- Bear Market
- See a financial adviser
- Goal: to achieve $1.2 million in 25 years
- Logic Quiz B1
- Secret of the Amazing Numbers
- Puncak - hill resort near Jakarta
- Lawyer's Joke: Contempt of court
- Books on financial planning
- Continue existing policies
- Investing for the future
- Low risk investment
- Amazing Numbers
- Migrating to Term insurance
- How to get started in investing
- Financial Blogs
- Investing in the Singapore market
- Updating my blog
- ▼ 01/20 - 01/27 (52)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)