I chance upon your site and need your advice regarding my investment. By end of March, the Government will be freezing our CPF account.
I am thinking of investing my ordinary account and special account into bonds (50%) and in AIA Growth Fund (50%). Is it wise?
My friends told me that the economy is not doing well, so better not invest in anything. I really don't know. This is the first time I am investing. Really hope to hear from you soon. I need to reply my agent by 15th March.
It is better to keep your money in the CPF to earn the guaranteed interest rate of 2.5% for ordinary account and 4% for special account plus the bonus of 1%. If you do not need the money in the ordinary account, you can transfer it to the special account to earn a higher rate of interest.
Do not invest in high cost products sold by an insurance agent, as it gives you a poor return, after deducting the charges. High quality bonds do not give you an adequate yield. Low quality bonds give a higher yield, but is risky.
- ► 2013 (314)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/09 - 03/16
- Benchmark premium rates for critical illness
- Financial Crisis
- Car Free Cities
- 1,000 visitors
- Ask for three quotes
- Keep invested in CPF
- Tolerance for mistakes
- Top up spouse account to qualify for CPF Life annu...
- Give time to sort out the problem
- Benchmark rates for critical illness
- Investing in Stocks
- Whole Life
- Poll: amount of critical illness coverage
- Poll: duration of critical illness insurance
- Life insurance for your child
- Critical illness premium subject to revision
- Critical Illness - how to insure
- Where to buy term insurance?
- Distribution channels
- Whole life policy
- Travel to Jakarta
- Satisfactory return on Endowment Policy
- Insuring against critical illness
- A new product: BTID
- Car Loan
- Invest in Foreign Currency
- Existing Life Insurance Policy
- Regular premium investment-linked policy
- Large increase in motor insurance premium
- 60th birthday
- ▼ 03/09 - 03/16 (30)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)