Hi Mr. Tan,
I have just booked a new car and am shopping for a loan. I found that over the past few years, banks & finance companies have outsourced their car loans to car dealers. This produced an unhealthy situation in which buyers cannot get good advice from the car dealers because they
are not held responsible for the advice they give and commission bias their advice towards longer & higherloans.
My calls to banks and finance companies draw blanks as call centre staff don't have details of the deals struck with the various car dealers and are afraid of getting intoany details.
Do you know of any place that can offer a fairer simple interest loan secured by the car. Is there a government body that could look into this situation as car buyers end upbeing ill-advised.
I am not aware that the banks and finance companies do not deal with the public anymore.I suggest that you bring this matter up with the MAS. I will ask my blog readers to tell us if they know of any financier wiling to provide a car loan.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/09 - 03/16
- Benchmark premium rates for critical illness
- Financial Crisis
- Car Free Cities
- 1,000 visitors
- Ask for three quotes
- Keep invested in CPF
- Tolerance for mistakes
- Top up spouse account to qualify for CPF Life annu...
- Give time to sort out the problem
- Benchmark rates for critical illness
- Investing in Stocks
- Whole Life
- Poll: amount of critical illness coverage
- Poll: duration of critical illness insurance
- Life insurance for your child
- Critical illness premium subject to revision
- Critical Illness - how to insure
- Where to buy term insurance?
- Distribution channels
- Whole life policy
- Travel to Jakarta
- Satisfactory return on Endowment Policy
- Insuring against critical illness
- A new product: BTID
- Car Loan
- Invest in Foreign Currency
- Existing Life Insurance Policy
- Regular premium investment-linked policy
- Large increase in motor insurance premium
- 60th birthday
- ▼ 03/09 - 03/16 (30)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)