Critical illness insurance for whole lfie is expensive. A male at 30 has to pay a monthly premium of about $630 to buy whole life critical illness cover for $300,000 (about 5 year's salary).
If this person buys a 25 year decreasing critical illness cover, he pays a premium of about $37 a month.
If the remaining $593 is invested in a low cost fund to earn an average of 5% per annum, the savings will accumulate to $300,000 in 23 years (i.e. at the age of 53 years). There is no need to wait for critical illness to collect $300,000. The regular investment plan will produce this amount.
At the end of 35 years, when he reaches age 65, the regular investment plan is projected to reach $643,000. This will be much more than the critical illness cover of $300,000 plus any bonus that is added to this amount.
Lesson: Buy critical illness cover for one year's salary only, on a short term basis. Insure five year's salary on a 25 year decreasing term plan. Invest about 10% to 15% of your salary in a low cost investment fund.
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/09 - 03/16
- Benchmark premium rates for critical illness
- Financial Crisis
- Car Free Cities
- 1,000 visitors
- Ask for three quotes
- Keep invested in CPF
- Tolerance for mistakes
- Top up spouse account to qualify for CPF Life annu...
- Give time to sort out the problem
- Benchmark rates for critical illness
- Investing in Stocks
- Whole Life
- Poll: amount of critical illness coverage
- Poll: duration of critical illness insurance
- Life insurance for your child
- Critical illness premium subject to revision
- Critical Illness - how to insure
- Where to buy term insurance?
- Distribution channels
- Whole life policy
- Travel to Jakarta
- Satisfactory return on Endowment Policy
- Insuring against critical illness
- A new product: BTID
- Car Loan
- Invest in Foreign Currency
- Existing Life Insurance Policy
- Regular premium investment-linked policy
- Large increase in motor insurance premium
- 60th birthday
- ▼ 03/09 - 03/16 (30)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)