Hi, Mr. Tan
I have insured my motor car with NTUC for the past many years, when you were CEO. I just received the renewal notice for my car insurance. Guess what! The premium increased by more than 20%.
I did not make any claim and have been enjoying 50% discount. Why should the premium increase by so much? Should I stay with NTUC?
I recall that the motor insurance has lost money during the past year. But I agree that an increase of 20% is excessive, especially as you did not make any claim last year.
Perhaps you should call a few insurance companies and check their premium for your car. The telephone numbers are shown here:
Let me know the results of your survey.
- ► 2013 (310)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/16 - 03/23
- Keep your money in CPF
- More options for low cost funds
- Immigration Card - Malaysia
- When is a good time to enter the market?
- Bernanke's plan is working
- Estate planning
- Projected return of 4.16%
- Blue chip stocks
- Confidence in US financial firms
- Investing the CPF ordinary account
- Risk of forex trading
- Online enquiry form
- Risk based capital
- Risk and return
- No load financial product
- Websites of large companies
- A complicated feedback form
- Poll: measures to cope with cost of living in Sing...
- Insuring against poverty
- Orderly transition in five state governments in Ma...
- Travelling to Kuala Lumpur by bus
- 1,004 visitors to my blog
- Impact of new CPF rule on dollar cost averaging
- Low cost insurance and funds
- Lyxor ETFs
- The world will learn from the financial crisis in ...
- Cost of Living: Lessons from the Malaysian electio...
- Mid Valley Mall in Malaysia
- Invest to earn more than 2.6%
- Difference: Singapore EQuity fund and STI ETF
- Trials & Tribulations of A Science Career
- Poll: LRT in CBD
- Travelling within the Central Business District
- Life assurance policies give poor return
- Simpler way to address a letter?
- Poll: Retirement Housing in Singapre
- Retirement Housing in Singapore
- Advice to young people
- Insurance premium for off-peak car
- Residential REIT
- Low cost funds
- Low cost insurance
- High charges under ILP policy
- Negative return from unit trusts
- Motor insurance increase by 20%
- Oil product
- UK Traded Endowments
- Keep the money in CPF retirement account
- Exchange Traded Endowments
- Bear Stearns
- Hedge Funds
- Options to invest retirement savings
- Investing for the long term
- ▼ 03/16 - 03/23 (53)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)