There is unhappiness over the new LTA rules that require taxis to pick up and drop passengers at designated stops. The LTA will make some changes to address these complaints.
Over the longer term, we need to improve the transport system within the Central Business District.
I suggest that an overhead light rail transport (LRT) be build. This will run along the major roads. It allows passengers to travel within the CBD or to connect to the MRT stations. Travel within the CBD can usually be done on one train or one change of train. Many buildings can have walkways to connect to the nearby LRT station.
We now have a LRT system in three towns in Singapore. The usage of the trains is low, due to the small population catchment and other factors. I expect that the LRT within the CBD will be more successful.
If more passengers uses the LRT to travel within the CBD, there will be less need for taxis.
- ► 2013 (302)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
03/16 - 03/23
- Keep your money in CPF
- More options for low cost funds
- Immigration Card - Malaysia
- When is a good time to enter the market?
- Bernanke's plan is working
- Estate planning
- Projected return of 4.16%
- Blue chip stocks
- Confidence in US financial firms
- Investing the CPF ordinary account
- Risk of forex trading
- Online enquiry form
- Risk based capital
- Risk and return
- No load financial product
- Websites of large companies
- A complicated feedback form
- Poll: measures to cope with cost of living in Sing...
- Insuring against poverty
- Orderly transition in five state governments in Ma...
- Travelling to Kuala Lumpur by bus
- 1,004 visitors to my blog
- Impact of new CPF rule on dollar cost averaging
- Low cost insurance and funds
- Lyxor ETFs
- The world will learn from the financial crisis in ...
- Cost of Living: Lessons from the Malaysian electio...
- Mid Valley Mall in Malaysia
- Invest to earn more than 2.6%
- Difference: Singapore EQuity fund and STI ETF
- Trials & Tribulations of A Science Career
- Poll: LRT in CBD
- Travelling within the Central Business District
- Life assurance policies give poor return
- Simpler way to address a letter?
- Poll: Retirement Housing in Singapre
- Retirement Housing in Singapore
- Advice to young people
- Insurance premium for off-peak car
- Residential REIT
- Low cost funds
- Low cost insurance
- High charges under ILP policy
- Negative return from unit trusts
- Motor insurance increase by 20%
- Oil product
- UK Traded Endowments
- Keep the money in CPF retirement account
- Exchange Traded Endowments
- Bear Stearns
- Hedge Funds
- Options to invest retirement savings
- Investing for the long term
- ▼ 03/16 - 03/23 (53)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)