Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The world will learn from the financial crisis in USA

Dear Mr. Tan,

With the Global uncertainties in finance, is it risky to invest in STI ETF now? It seems America is in a hot soup in managaing their monetary assets. What precautions you could advise our singaporeans, young and old not to fall into this mess in the next 5 or 10 years? Where should I go to invest the 1000 shares with STI ETF?

Pardon me, I am learning more about investments from your blog. I want to thank you that I truly enjoy reading your blog daily because I believe theory without practical approach is of no value.

REPLY

You buy the ETF through a stockbroker, just like you buy a share. If you are investing for the next 10 years, it is all right to invest in the ETF, as the financial mess will be cleared up by that time.

I believe that America will learn the lesson from this financial mess, and will sort them out to avoid similar problems in the future. The rest of the world, including Singapore, will learn from it as well. In the future, the world will be much less leveraged on debts.




--

No comments:

Blog Archive