Dear Mr. Tan,
I was always told that NTUC Income was the only one can give the policyholder the best and protect our interest and thus, for more than 10 years I have "invested" my hard-earn extra cash or CPF into "one basket", i.e. NTUC INCOME. I now feel uncomfortatble with INCOME when receiving their notice to reduce the annual bonus as below.
> You invested $50,000 more than 10 years ago. At that time, the projected maturity benefit was $136,403 representing a yield of 5.7% p.a.
> During the difficult years when investment yields were low, the bonus rate was reduced. The projected amount on maturity was revised to $114,047.
> With the latest round of bonus revision, the projected amount at maturity has increased marginally to $116,467. It represents a yield of 4.8% on your invested sum of $50,000 over 18 years.
I think that this revised yield is quite satisfactory. It give a better return than CPF. The Growth policy still represents a good investment because you took it earlier. I am not sure that a Growth policy today will give the same good value.
Tan Kin Lian
Dear Mr Tan,
Thanks a lot for taking time to give me the advice on my policy. I really appreciate it.
I wrote to INCOME before for advice on my cash value if I cancel some policies and the reply was a typical "stereotype" answer of my cash value. I also went to NTUC Income of Jurong East and Ubi before for advice. The customer service seems not well trained for providing advices and instead asking me whether I am interested in their new policy - Vivolife.
Once again, I would like to thanks for your kindness for taking time to reply me. You place the policyholder first before shareholder's point of view.
(I think you are hurt and upset of handing over to some new management team that does not follow the service commitment of the cooperative insurance society formed in 1970, " Income has always placed the interests of our policyholders foremost" stated in NTUC INCOME website - it will no longer valid after you leave the organisation.......)
- ► 2013 (306)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
05/04 - 05/11
- Buy Term Insurance directly
- Register a Google account
- Posting in this blog
- Jakarta 11-14 May
- Signature for Collective Protest
- Difficult questions
- Well done, DBS
- NTUC Income is a cooperative
- A philosophy in people management
- New management style
- Post comments in this blog
- Choosing options in a Shield plan
- Pre-existing condition
- Endowment or Limited Pay Whole Life?
- Non-core business has been profitable
- More than Insurance
- Delay in notifying affected policyholders
- High departure of staff
- What is my motive?
- The Truth About Life Insurance
- Continue with the Ideal (ID2)
- Write to email@example.com
- My life insurance policies
- Effect of deduction
- Exotic Terminal Bonuses
- Lack of transparency and accountability
- Fair distribution of bonus
- Annual and special bonus
- Views from the management of NTUC Income
- Bad name to the life insurance industry
- Charges of unit trusts
- Invest to earn 5% to 8%
- Saving for a child's education
- Reasonable Expectation
- Transfer back to retirement account before 62
- Nearly 3,000 visits on Tues 6 May
- Get several quote on your motor insurance
- Buy a life annuity
- Write to ask the CEO of NTUC Income
- Insurance agents of NTUC Income
- AGM of NTUC Income
- Lack of reply to a letter
- Guts and honour
- Reply to Today: Cut in Annual Bonus
- Prepared to lose the premiums paid
- Is there room for welfare in Singapore?
- Buy unit trusts with Fundsupermart
- Personal attack
- Right and just will prevail
- Increase in motor insurance premiums
- Restructuring of bonus
- Give fair value to consumers
- Leadership - lesson from India
- Apply new bonus structure to new policies
- Prefer higher annual bonus
- Terminal bonus is not guaranteed
- Bonuses reduced by a significant amount
- Does the Growth policy still give good value?
- The less I drink, the more drunk I get
- Silent majority and bonus cut
- More than 1,000 visitors on Saturday
- Letter on Bonus Cuts
- Annual General Meeting of NTUC Income
- Indexed funds or unit trust?
- Smoothing or bunching
- ▼ 05/04 - 05/11 (65)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)