I made a posting about the unit trust that can be purchased through Fundsupermart. They allows regular savings plan at only 1.75%.
The expense ratio of several of the unit trusts marketed by Fundsupermart are between 1% to 1.5%. They are not low, but not too high (i.e. high cost fund charges between 1.5% to 3%). You can select a broadly based unit trust that shows a good yield over a 10 year period.
Some people have recommended to invest in indexed funds, which have low expense ratio. I agree. I hope that the low cost indexed funds will be available within the next 6 to 12 months. In the meantime, the StateStreet STI ETF is a good option, but it requires an investment of $3,300 each time.
For those who wish to invest in monthly sums, the unit trust offered by Fundsupermart is a good choice. The fee of 1.75% is much lower than the charges imposed by ILPs sold by insurance companies.
These high fees charged by ILPs are:
> allocation rates that take away two years of savings
> investment spreads of 3% to 7%
Apart from Fundsupermart, you can also study the options provided by DollarDex and by POEMS (Philipps Securities). I am sure that their marketing people will be posting their offers in my blog.
Lesson: Avoid ILPs sold by life insurance agents, as they have high charges that take away up to two years of your savings.
- ► 2013 (303)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
05/04 - 05/11
- Buy Term Insurance directly
- Register a Google account
- Posting in this blog
- Jakarta 11-14 May
- Signature for Collective Protest
- Difficult questions
- Well done, DBS
- NTUC Income is a cooperative
- A philosophy in people management
- New management style
- Post comments in this blog
- Choosing options in a Shield plan
- Pre-existing condition
- Endowment or Limited Pay Whole Life?
- Non-core business has been profitable
- More than Insurance
- Delay in notifying affected policyholders
- High departure of staff
- What is my motive?
- The Truth About Life Insurance
- Continue with the Ideal (ID2)
- Write to email@example.com
- My life insurance policies
- Effect of deduction
- Exotic Terminal Bonuses
- Lack of transparency and accountability
- Fair distribution of bonus
- Annual and special bonus
- Views from the management of NTUC Income
- Bad name to the life insurance industry
- Charges of unit trusts
- Invest to earn 5% to 8%
- Saving for a child's education
- Reasonable Expectation
- Transfer back to retirement account before 62
- Nearly 3,000 visits on Tues 6 May
- Get several quote on your motor insurance
- Buy a life annuity
- Write to ask the CEO of NTUC Income
- Insurance agents of NTUC Income
- AGM of NTUC Income
- Lack of reply to a letter
- Guts and honour
- Reply to Today: Cut in Annual Bonus
- Prepared to lose the premiums paid
- Is there room for welfare in Singapore?
- Buy unit trusts with Fundsupermart
- Personal attack
- Right and just will prevail
- Increase in motor insurance premiums
- Restructuring of bonus
- Give fair value to consumers
- Leadership - lesson from India
- Apply new bonus structure to new policies
- Prefer higher annual bonus
- Terminal bonus is not guaranteed
- Bonuses reduced by a significant amount
- Does the Growth policy still give good value?
- The less I drink, the more drunk I get
- Silent majority and bonus cut
- More than 1,000 visitors on Saturday
- Letter on Bonus Cuts
- Annual General Meeting of NTUC Income
- Indexed funds or unit trust?
- Smoothing or bunching
- ▼ 05/04 - 05/11 (65)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)