I am a sales agent of NTUC Income for many years and I know Kin Lian for umpteen years. He has been known to be a workaholic and an hard headed person but not a man without a heart. Many people in INCOME know that he is a very compassionate person always willing to help those who are in need. It is a very sad episode that after his departure from INCOME so many things had happened and also had affected so many people.
To begin with, I have nothing against the new management of INCOME but it’s the way things are being done. The first indication from the new CEO was to phase out the part time sales people because he came from a company that do not believe in part-timers. I won’t say he forgot, but he doesn’t understand the root and culture of NTUC INCOME and how it started. Under the leadership of Kin Lian, it has transformed INCOME to what it is today.
It was Dr. Goh Keng Seng’s wisdom to advise NTUC to start this co-operative Insurance as it had the built in advantage of reaching out to different strata of the workforce through the trade unionist and union members. For three decades, these part time sales force also know as INCOME Organisers had contributed tremendously to the success of this co-operative.
Kin Lian’s departure has also caused a great dislocation to the staff. I won’t say its wrong for the new CEO to bring in his own people to support his mission but too many replacements including middle management has caused fear and uncertainty among those who are not chopped yet. Many more staff are in limbo, don’t know when is their turn to go. From the number of postings in TKL’s blog from ex-employees expressing their bitterness is a testimony.
It is a sad thing, that such a thing happens to a co-operative own by the labour movement whose primary objective is to champion for workers rights. I hope the leadership of NTUC can look into this matter to instill some confidence to the existing staff.
I am also very disappointed with some agents who posted in the INCOME forum venting their anger at Kin Lian questioning his motive and calling him all sorts of names. The only reason I can think of is that those postings in Kin Lian’s blog about agents earning high commission and advocating people to buy term and invest will invariably affect their sales.
- ► 2013 (304)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
05/04 - 05/11
- Buy Term Insurance directly
- Register a Google account
- Posting in this blog
- Jakarta 11-14 May
- Signature for Collective Protest
- Difficult questions
- Well done, DBS
- NTUC Income is a cooperative
- A philosophy in people management
- New management style
- Post comments in this blog
- Choosing options in a Shield plan
- Pre-existing condition
- Endowment or Limited Pay Whole Life?
- Non-core business has been profitable
- More than Insurance
- Delay in notifying affected policyholders
- High departure of staff
- What is my motive?
- The Truth About Life Insurance
- Continue with the Ideal (ID2)
- Write to email@example.com
- My life insurance policies
- Effect of deduction
- Exotic Terminal Bonuses
- Lack of transparency and accountability
- Fair distribution of bonus
- Annual and special bonus
- Views from the management of NTUC Income
- Bad name to the life insurance industry
- Charges of unit trusts
- Invest to earn 5% to 8%
- Saving for a child's education
- Reasonable Expectation
- Transfer back to retirement account before 62
- Nearly 3,000 visits on Tues 6 May
- Get several quote on your motor insurance
- Buy a life annuity
- Write to ask the CEO of NTUC Income
- Insurance agents of NTUC Income
- AGM of NTUC Income
- Lack of reply to a letter
- Guts and honour
- Reply to Today: Cut in Annual Bonus
- Prepared to lose the premiums paid
- Is there room for welfare in Singapore?
- Buy unit trusts with Fundsupermart
- Personal attack
- Right and just will prevail
- Increase in motor insurance premiums
- Restructuring of bonus
- Give fair value to consumers
- Leadership - lesson from India
- Apply new bonus structure to new policies
- Prefer higher annual bonus
- Terminal bonus is not guaranteed
- Bonuses reduced by a significant amount
- Does the Growth policy still give good value?
- The less I drink, the more drunk I get
- Silent majority and bonus cut
- More than 1,000 visitors on Saturday
- Letter on Bonus Cuts
- Annual General Meeting of NTUC Income
- Indexed funds or unit trust?
- Smoothing or bunching
- ▼ 05/04 - 05/11 (65)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)