We are a wasteful world. We bring people from the rural areas into crowded, congested cities. They spend several hours each day commuting to and from work. A lot of time and energy is wasted in this commuting.
We produce material goods that are excessive for a comfortable life. We have too many products and choices. We buy too many things that we do not use, to be thrown away. We keep producing more, and use up the limited materials and minerals.
We work too many hours in an excessively competitive environment. We compete to survive. We destroy our competitors and take over their assets. We have too little time to enjoy leisure.
No wonder - we are short of oil, minerals and food. We see the huge spike in prices. It will lead to more hardship on the poor. It may lead to unrest.
The capitalist, free market system has not given people a good life. It is time to re-think of a new model for the world.
- ► 2013 (345)
- ► 2012 (1270)
- ► 2011 (1873)
- ► 2010 (2369)
- ► 2009 (1655)
06/01 - 06/08
- Financial Planning and Inflation
- Save for your child's education
- Participating Life Insurance Policies
- Sudden Shift left me high and dry
- What a wasteful world!
- AUD Fixed Deposits
- Get a better yield on your savings
- FAQ: Traded Endowment Policies
- Investing in foreign currency deposits
- Adequate Wage in Singapore
- Call hotline for the best quote
- Restore the Annual Bonus
- Extract from speech by Income's chairman
- Avoid switching to another high cost policy
- Online Trading Platforms
- Give a better currency rate
- Renewal of Motor Insurance
- Foreign currency conversion rate
- Debt Trap
- Investing a Lump Sum
- Call a few companies for a competitive quote
- Bonuses will be fair and consistent with experienc...
- OCBC Preference Shares
- Dr. Lee Kum Tatt's Blog
- Near term investment strategy
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit
- Inflation adjusted Income Benefit
- Higher interest rate?
- Reply to New Comment in Today
- Poll on the Collective Protest
- Calculate your Life Expectancy
- Insurance for parents
- Wise words from the late Dr. Lee Kum Tatt
- Farewell to Dr. Lee Kum Tatt
- Bonus based on long term yield
- Higher interest rate for Government bonds
- Drop in maturity benefit
- Reason for Restructuring of Bonus
- Restructuring of EV series
- Gold Link Capital Protected Fund
- Convert Life Annuity to Cash
- Capital adequacy ratio of 170%
- ▼ 06/01 - 06/08 (42)
- ► 2007 (1803)
- ► 2006 (696)
- ► 2005 (159)