Thursday, June 05, 2008

Online Trading Platforms

Sir,
I refer to your blog entry on your subscribing to Fundsupermart: http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/03/fundsupermart.html

I recommend that you check out the service provided by Phillips Capital (at http://www.poems.com.sg) as well. I have accounts on both, and I have noticed that POEMS sometimes has lower sale charges for their unit trusts. (I do not have vested interests in either companies and am speaking as an individual investor.)

As an example, Fundsupermart has a 2% sales charge for the DBS Shenton Global Opportunities fund. For POEMS, it is 1.5% (I think you need to have an account before you can see these details). Also, there are ways to get even lower charges on POEMS.

POEMS provides avenues to invest in ETFs in global markets and S'pore govt treasury bills, while Fundsupermart does not. Fundsupermart provides an avenue for investing in S'pore govt bonds, while POEMS does not.

One key downside about using POEMS is its (very) badly designed user interface, but I can live with that!

JT

1 comment:

HLK said...

Hello,

I am new to ETF. How can I purchase a n ETF at poem?

Thanks.

Blog Archive